Who we are and what we do
Bridgebuilder is a Christian schools work charity that has been supporting schools in Milton Keynes for over 25 years. We currently visit over 100 primary and secondary schools across the city and surrounding villages to support schools with pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development as well as Christianity through religious education.
We enable pupils to explore positive values and the Christian faith, in accessible and memorable ways through assemblies, RE lessons and projects.
Our activities are interactive, fun, inspiring, and educational, using drama, games, group activities, personal reflection, stories, video clips and talks. All of our services are inclusive and suitable for pupils and staff of all faiths and none.
We encourage pupils to explore their own values & beliefs by thinking through themes such as fear, honesty, peer pressure, generosity, respect, friendship & self-esteem. We aim to empower all pupils regardless of faith or belief to think responsibly, build good character, reach their potential & positively impact their surroundings.
All of our services to schools are designed to support teachers with the Ofsted and curriculum requirements of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development, collective worship through assemblies and Religious Education. The core of our work is providing schools with assemblies, lessons, projects and off-timetable activities. For a full list of current projects and services we offer schools please see our What we do in schools page.
Our focus is to help children and young people consider their beliefs, explore Christianity and make positive life choices.
We do this through our three objectives –
- We support children and young people’s education in Christian faith and values from a personal perspective.
- We enable children and young people to explore the Christian faith in accessible and memorable ways through assemblies, RE, lessons and projects.
- We communicate in a manner appropriate to children and young people of all faiths or no faith, encouraging them to explore their own values and beliefs.
- We seek to empower all children and young people regardless of faith or belief to think responsibly, reach their potential and make a positive impact on their surroundings.
- We empower young Christians to be confident in their faith and be a positive influence.
- We believe children and young people of all backgrounds benefit from positive role models so we seek to use our connections with churches to engage suitable individuals in volunteer opportunities within their local school(s).
- We engage young people with the Christian community by developing opportunities for them to visit local churches through a variety of projects.
- We support the engagement of children and young people in their own communities through pro-active networking with children’s and youth workers.
Meet the team
We also have a team of volunteers who help us in the office with general administration and resourcing our projects, and some volunteers who support us in our work in schools. We take the recruitment of staff and volunteers seriously and have a safeguarding policy.
We have a dedicated group of Trustees who oversee the management of the trust and work alongside staff to determine priorities, maintain vision, and help facilitate growth. Trustees are from a range of local churches and volunteer their skills and experience, including education, youth work, business, church or charity work, to further the work of the trust. Our team of trustees are Grace Hume (chair), Trevor Crowter (Treasurer), Stephen Dunham (Secretary), Kimonie Nicholls, Julian Srodecki and Rev’d Brian Stocker.
If you would like to contact the trustees, please contact our office or contact Grace directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridgebuilder is a Christian schools ministry trust and has charity status, we are non-denominational and inclusive, drawing support from a range of local churches, businesses and individuals. We are dependent on financial gifts from local churches, individual Christians, and schools.
Bridgebuilder seeks to support the ever growing school aged population of Milton Keynes through its strategic plan. A summary of our current 3 year plan is entitled ‘Springs of Water’ and can be viewed by clicking this link.
Our links with Scripture Union
We have ‘Local Ministry Partner’ status with Scripture Union, benefiting as a trust from their advice and support on legal and employment issues, as well as educational matters. Scripture Union also run training courses for schools workers and provide other training/professional development opportunities for the workers and volunteers.